Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who's Watching Me?


Have you read the Watchmen? No? It's pretty good. I recommend you do so. Yes, it's a graphic novel, yes I'm over 30. Who cares? I give it a Woot! The Watchmen, if you don't know, is about a bunch of former super heroes who reunite (sort of) to find out who is killing former masked heroes (sort of). But it is also a cautionary moralistic tale, about sacrificing your morals for a greater good. I think what I just wrote there is probably one of the biggest cliches ever when it comes to reviews, but it really is. Can I get a what what from you other Watchmen readers? This will be my 8th book of the year, since I forgot to include The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell in my last blog. I listened to the audio version, and really liked it. Our forefathers were a bunch of religious nuts. I mean really. It's good to listen to stuff like that once in awhile and remind yourself from whence we came. There was a lot of banishment and eye for an eye behaviour. It also gets a Woot!

In other news, I have signed up for the Script Frenzy which starts on April 1. I recommend you do too. After lurking around on their message boards, I learned that most folks use Celtx for their script writing software, and that it's free! I downloaded a copy post haste. Let me know if you sign up. We can be writing buddies. I probably won't let you see mine though. I'm like that.

I have been doing a bit of reading about blogs that get the most views, and are "successful". In case you were wondering, this one isn't. I can tell you why too. 1. Don't update often enough. 2. Isn't organized. 3. Not enough pictures. I am toying with the idea of putting my blog on a schedule, i.e. Monday: Books Tues: Knitting Weds. 5k Training (Ha! We'll see). You get the drift. I also need to address the photo situation pronto.

In other other news, I am pretty sure I'm going to fire the Klog back up. The Klog was my old blog where I complained about news. The format will be a bit revised, AND I'm going to add a fun new feature. If I actually do it, y'all will be the first to know.

I almost forgot, I watched The Comedians of Comedy the other night. What a disappointment. I was hoping it would be either funny, or informative, or both. Alas, it was neither. If you want to see a good documentary about being a comedian, watch The Comedian - by Jerry Seinfeld. Much better. Comedians of Comedy = Poop Sandwich.

That's all for now. I think I might even get around to updating my graphs today! I'm still looking for some cooler ones though.

1 comment:

Dan B said...

watchmen was cool... I'm a fan.

I think you should just make "complain about 30 news items this year" one of your list things and do that here... more content for the blog!

Oldies but Goodies: