Tuesday, March 10, 2009

....And We're Back!


Hello, hello! Are you wondering where I've been for two fracking months? Well we lost our Internet. I really won't go into it too much, but basically Hughesnet is a company comprised of a bunch of lying, incompetent jerks with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. For future reference, the only way to get them to actually fix your problem is to send them an e-mail threatening to report them to the Better Business Bureau via the Attorney General's office. Worked like a charm.

So, haven't been blogging but I have been completing tasks. Since I don't want this to be a zillion pages long, and I'm sure you don't either, let me break it down for you:

Books:

1. My Heart Belongs to You - Dean Koontz - Meh.
2. Free Range Knitter - Stephanie Pearl McPhee - Woot!
3. Fray - Joss Whedon - Double Woot! (Yes I know it's a graphic novel. Don't judge me.)
4. Case Histories - Kate Atkinson - Double Woot!
5. One Good Turn - Kate Atkinson - Double Woot!

I started Dear American Airlines which according to reviews, critics, etc. I'm supposed to love. Let me tell you right now - snooze fest. I'm sick of reading book comprised of nothing but people whining and ranting. If I want to read whining and ranting I can simply read my own blog. Thank you very much. I am currently reading The Watchmen. I am sort of on a graphic novel kick. Oh and by the way, can someone explain to me the difference between a comic book and a graphic novel? No one seems to be able to. Mike says "pride". I tend to agree.

Knitting:

1. Versatility (Scarf/Shawl Thing)
2. Shalom (Cardigan)
3. Maine Morning Mitts - (Fingerless Gloves) Me
4. Maine Morning Mitts - Maggie
5. Maine Morning Mitts - Tabby
6. 3 Hour Sweater - Total Fail - Fits Maggie.

I am slowly finishing a pair of socks I started for my mom's birthday. On January 7th. I have a bad case of second sock syndrome. This is a condition in which a knitter starts a project, usually a pair of something, whizzes through the first item and then takes forever on the second. This often happens with sleeves as well. Sorry mom!

Movies:
Um, we got TV back so it's been Lost and BSG o'clock. Lost is kind of meh this season. But BSG - holy frack is it good! If you don't watch it you should. I mean it. Start with the mini-series though.

Grandmother:

4 visits. Her alzheimers is strange. Good one day, the other day, no clue. One weird thing I've noticed is that her Alzheimers seems to be spawning some sort of weird OCD, and also making her more religious. Figure that out. For example, we like to eat at a local restaruant which happens to have a very pregnant hostess. Pregnant ladies in public drive my grandmother bonko. The last time we were at the restarunt she said " Well, I suppose that girl is pregnant!"
To which I replied, "Um, yeah."
"Well, she should really cover that up! I don't need to see that!" Said my grandmother.

You see, pregnant ladies mean that people are having sex! It's right there out in the open! Oh my god! But really then aren't all of our mere presences proof that somewhere at sometime someone had sex? It's true. We should probably all hide. The next time we go to the restaurant, repeat senario. Keep repeating senario until girl is no longer at the restaurant. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to freak out and either 1. Yell at my grandmother or 2. Bang my head against the table. I don't do either because I know it's not her fault that's she's bonko and I'm not a total bitch. At least it's mildly entertaining.

Have a made any progress in other areas? Hmm. I don't think so. Oh wait, I did get my car inspected and registered. Only because it's illegal not to though.

So, progress is being made. That's it for now. Peace.

3 comments:

Dan B said...

wow interesting grandma story... that's pretty bizzare.. I'd be curious to here what she'd say if you asked her how she covered up her pregnancy...

mommyk8 said...

She'd say she doesn't remember. Though, when I was pregnant with Maggie she visited me at work one day and informed me that I should be wearing a "pregnancy smock".

So I'm sure when she was pregnant back in the day she just stayed inside and smoked cigarettes :)

_oe said...

Glad to have you back! I was going to send you a bunch of nasty comments about being a slacker, but then thought maybe your house burned down or something. I don't know why that thought stopped me necessarily, but it did.

Alzheimer's is evil ... I have nothing useful to add on the topic, but if you feel like looking into something interesting/frustrating about it hit up Google for 'Alzheimer's as type III diabetes' - though you've probably already seen it.

Again, good to have you back!

Oldies but Goodies: