Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting Two Birds Stoned at Once.


Yeah, I wish I could take credit for the title, but no. It's from the Trailer Park Boys, which if you haven't seen yet, consider this my Xmas present - go watch it. Seriously, it will be the funniest thing you watch all year.

In going through this list for the past year, I have noticed that many of my activities allow me to get two birds stoned at once as far as the list is concerned. For example, reduce spending $30 per week and reduce household spending 30% definitely go together and were both achieved.

A number of "things I've been meaning to do" - which I don't think the numbers on the side accurately depict the amount I have completed, I'm going to have to make a list - have items that fall into other categories. Two major instances were the purchase of a clothesline for outside which reduced our electricity bill in the summertime, and the purchase of 6 chickens this spring. The chickens not only produce eggs and thereby save us money on our food budget, but they also eat all of our leftover scraps which would have gone into a compost pile. The thing is about that last statement, my compost pile is pretty sad and is way out at the end of my lawn, I often neglected to put things in it just because it's a pain to hike to in the winter. Also my dog used to eat stuff out of it. Gross. So you see, the chickens also take care of another thing I had been meaning to do: start compost pile. Now I don't need to. Another multiple category item was the purchase of 1/2 a pig and 1/4 of a cow from local farmers. Something I've been meaning to do, decreases household spending, AND supports local agriculture - BooYa!

This week I have been knitting and reading like crazy because I really want to complete those two goals. I am relying solely on my Amazon list/widget and much to my dismay discovered a couple of books missing from the list just now when I added Lisey's story. WTF. Thanks Amazon. I'm sure it's missing a couple of my books. I'm going to have to make an actual list with ye olde pen and paper some time this week. Anyway, as I was saying, I have been listening to audio books WHILE knitting. I finished Lisey's Story by Stephen King which I highly recommend. It was fanatstic. And I finished knitting 2 hats, and a weird ear warmer thing that I don't really like, but I'm not ripping it out. Tonight I will start on a pair of mittens, since they are the only knit Xmas gift that was actually requested. I don't have pictures of this stuff becuse since the Tea-Saster Mike has taken control of uploading things to his computer. Oh also, I'm lazy. Don't worry, I will have a knit pic. extravaganza one of these days.

Disregard my last reading list - I think I'm in Audio only territory from here on out:

The Last Fish Tale
Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas
Duma Key
Microthrills

and something else, I dunno yet. .

Cyas

No comments:

Oldies but Goodies: