Saturday, December 6, 2008

And for my final trick...

It's that time of year! That's right, time for the end of the year 30list wrap up and analysis extravaganza! My birthday is in one month, so I have about 4 weeks to try and wrap up the list and achieve the goals I have set forth. I'm gonna tell you right now *and this is a spoiler* some of them just ain't gonna happen. Some of them I have completed far over the goal, but since I'm lazy I just quit counting once I got to 100. If you remember, this is not what I had originally planned to do since those over-shot goals can help pick up the slack of my little tiny achievements via the magic of averages. But it's my list, and I can change the rules if I want to.

Anyhow, here's the plan - I'm gonna break it down, starting with completed goals first. Some of them I'm not gonna have a lot to say about because, well, they aren't that interesting. They are what they are. So, here goes. Oh, I'm not going to do them all right now in case you were worried. I'll do a couple at a time. *Ahem*

1. 30 Blog Entries - Shizza - look at all the blog entries! 41 Total so far. Rad. That one was kind of a ringer. I knew it when I added it. It's good to have ringers sometimes.

2. 30 Mins. Less watching TV. Ok, this one was easy since we disconnected our dish this spring after BSG was over. I don't really miss it. As you can see, I have lots of other stuff going on; movie watching, book reading, novel writing, etc. Disconnecting the TV helped achieve another goal as well - reduce household expenses, which we will get to later. I have no idea the actual figure of how much less TV I ended up watching, but it's significant. Because it went from at least an hour a day to 0. Do I think we will ever hook it back up? Doubt it. TV shows on DVD are wayyyy better. You just have to be a bit more patient.

3. 30 Mins. Per Day Cleaning. Sadly, I completed this one fairly quickly as well. I spend at least 30 minutes a day cleaning, and when I'm really going nuts a couple hours at a time easy. In case you are wondering 30 mins a day of cleaning = 10950 minutes OR 182.5 hours. That's a lot of fracking cleaning. But that's ok, cause my house is clean and that's a good thing.

That's it for today. As you can see I still have some stuff to do. I really want to finish 30 books - which means 5 to go by Jan. 6. I also want to complete my knitted things goal - which is even crazier because it's like 15 things in that amount of time. I am restarting the great debate - if I knit a pair of things aka socks - is that one knitted thing or two? Mike says one. But he's not the one knitting his fingers to the nubs.

Peace out.

4 comments:

Dan B said...

what good is one sock? that's definitely one thing.

congrats on achieving even some of your goals... more than most people will do... are you going to have a 31 list? :)

mommyk8 said...

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. I think everyone I know is getting a hat for X-Mas.

Yes, I will definitely do this again next year. It will still be the 30list because I'm too lazy to set up another blog, and Y'all are to lazy to bookmark it anyway. I will list 31 things, but they are not all going to be 30 related. For example one of them might be - run (or hobble) a 5k. There will be some repeats for sure, books,movies, and submissions. Those I will probably up to 31, but haven't decided yet.

Thoughts? Feelings? Suggestions?

_oe said...

I can't pretend to know what your expectations were for this, but you've got to be mostly pleased. I'd keep it going, as you've planned, for as long as possible. I think the format is pretty near perfect as is, but if you're taking suggestions I've always been a fan of hyper-unrealistic goals ... the hopeless battle against an unbeatable foe thing, you get the idea. You could also probably get away with less than 30 goals too - but do what you like on that end, hell 50 would probably still work.

Hox said...

a pair of socks is 2 items that equal one thing. Its not like you can keep knitting and cut it in two. Every time you cast on a new item - its an ITEM. Your goal wasn't to knit 30 gifts or 30 pair of mittens (which is 60 items). Plus one sock - that makes a christmas stocking to fill full of treats and fun. You could knit some scarves or some pot holders - those are easy and super quick.

Oldies but Goodies: