Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Those Aren't Highlights.....

The other night I was scrutinizing myself in the mirror while Mags took a bath, and noticed my old friend rouge gray hair. Rouge gray has been around for awhile, and even though I always yank it out, it always comes back (duh) - yes of course it's always the same one! Well or so I thought. I noticed my hair was especially shiny and looked like it had a ton of highlights in it with the light shining down from my bathroom ceiling. Oh, no. Gray hairs. Dozens of the little bastards. Now, I'm going to have to add "get hair colored" to my list of things to do. Oh, c'mon don't be so vain! Go gray gracefully like your salt and pepper husband! NFW. I'm fighting this aging thing like crazy. I'm gonna be one of those 80 year old ladies with jet black hair. You say they aren't fooling anyone? Sure they are because actually they are 97. See 17 years younger!

So another movie down. Last night I watched The 40 Year Old Virgin, and I have got to say, it's probably one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Literally I was laughing out loud throughout the whole thing. I thought it was going to be mostly lame washed up sex jokes like Superbad, and it kind of was, but unlike Superbad this had some really good original ideas in it. I'm probably going to get some shit for saying this, (that means from you Sally) but I'm ranking this right up there with Office Space as one of the best comedies ever. Um, for those of you who actually watched most of these movies last year - was Seth Rogan in every comedy made last year? I'm not complaining I think he's great, but he was in a ton of movies. Actually 40 year old virgin had a lot of the same cast as Knocked Up, which I also loved. I know that this movie did really well at the theater, but I think it probably would have done even better if it had a different title, I think the title makes people think it's going to be super smarmy, and really it wasn't. My favorite scene was definately the chest waxing. I would not be surprised in the least to find out that it was Steve Carrels actual chest hair they were ripping off - it was that believable. You should watch this movie for that scene alone. And the ending was just pure genius. So with much fanfare - 40 Year Old Virgin gets a Double Woot! Next up - Capote.

While I was watching 40-Year Old Virgin I was furiously finishing up knitting project #3, a pair of slipper socks. Again, photos to come. What's up with me not posting photos? Well I can't find either my camera charger OR the memory card. Once those are located, I will upload some great pics. fo sho' Also it should be noted, that although this is a PAIR of socks I'm only counting it as one knit item. If I get down to the wire in my final days of the list, I may review and count all my pairs as two things. What! Cheating? Perhaps. You should not be surprised.

In the past couple days I have also made up 2 recipes. The first one was this weird meatloaf pie thing. Basically I mixed up some ground turkey, ricotta, red onion, and an egg, and instead of making meatballs or a whole loaf - both of which are time consuming, the balls because of the rolling, and the loaf because of the cooking - I put it in a foil lined pie plate, and put some Parmesan cheese and a little spag. sauce on top. It cooked up super fast, and I just cut it into wedges and served it with some noodles. Then yesterday I made a foccaccia, roasted some eggplant sprinkled it with some balsamic, and made a sandwich with feta and olives. Both recipes get smiley faces.

Bird update - since my post the other day about my turkey identification, the turkeys have been at my house every morning around 9 and every afternoon around 3. It's awesome! They are so weird, and dinosaur looking. I will also post some pics of them soon.

I sent in a little piece to a writing contest for children's books. Writing contests do count as submissions I will have you know. I plan on entering a couple more in the coming weeks. Ok, it's snowing like crazy, I just read we will be getting between 5-9 inches today, and my car is stuck at the bottom of the driveway from yesterdays storm. I better go get it in this brief window before it's REALLY immovable.

No comments:

Oldies but Goodies: