Friday, January 2, 2009

Sooooo Close

I should have some pics. to post for you later today, but honestly who am I kidding - most likely not until tomorrow or the next day. Anyhow, I am sooooo close to having 30 knitted items and 30 books done - the only two I am really pushing to get finished by next week.

I finished the socks for my dad - AND a hat over the last week so I am now at 29 knitted items. I also read The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain over the holidays. I have probably mentioned this before but I love Anthony Bourdain. He has a fantastic travel/food show on the travel channel and has written a bunch of books which are fantastic. He became famous a few years ago when he wrote Kitchen Confidential which is one of my favorite books. The Nasty Bits is a collection of essays/articles that he has written over the past few years highlighting some of the places he's visited, thoughts on various food trends and celebrity chefs and is a very quick and interesting read. Included is an essay he wrote about his four favorite books which I am including in my list of thirty books to read for 09.

In the next 4 days I need to knit one more item and read one more book. PFFT. Easy Peasy. I'm having lunch with my grandmother today which will be fun, and counts towards my goal as well.

Hope y'all are having a good New Year thus far and have recovered from any ill effects from NYE alcohol consumption.

1 comment:

Hox said...

Anthony Bordain does indeed rock! We watched all of his "No Reservations" show, and we're going to grow some fancy onions we saw him eat.

Oldies but Goodies: